Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Stickers and Miracles



Dear family and friends,

This week was a great one! We had a lot of fun together! We didn't really teach many lessons, but we sure tried hard to find people to teach. We dropped about seven or eight more people out of our endless list of potential investigators. So that's good! It would have been better if one of them became a new investigator, but it's nice that the area book is being cleaned out and organized a little bit. It's pretty frustrating to have gone through maybe 30 names or so and had them all be "potential investigators" and not a single one be interested.

Last Monday we had a lesson with our investigator, Bradley. He's a pretty cool guy. He lives in a half way house. I was pretty surprised we even had one of those in our area! It's a pretty well off ward.
Anyway, we went over there and talked about the Restoration with him and he really enjoyed it. He really likes me and Elder Ojala.
Yesterday we went by again and he said he was really busy but that we could come back on Thursday. When we turned around to leave he put both hands above his head and shouted, "You guys rock!" It was pretty awesome! I think we are his favorite missionaries he's ever met.

On a super funny note, I pulled the greatest prank of my entire mission this week. I have a roommate named Elder Quist who is super super OCD. Like, insanely OCD. My mom sent me 120 stickers for my birthday that say 'Did You Think To Pray?' Or 'I Am A Child Of God' on them. I stuck 80 of them on all of his stuff in super inconspicuous places. Things like on the inside of his deodorant cap, the inside of the sole of his shoe, the inside of his tie, underneath his desk light, etc... As soon as he found one of them he told me he found the sticker I stuck on his name tag. I looked at him and said, "119 to go!" The look on his face was priceless. He has been spending countless hours looking for them. Every minute of spare time he spends looking for these things. He's putting them in a notebook and numbering them as well as cataloging where he found them. He's at about 70/80 but he thinks he's at 70/120. He is going nuts. He's torn apart pretty much his entire room, but because he's so OCD he reorganizes everything  so really I've done him a huge favor! His room has never been cleaner! The best part of this entire prank was that I told a member in their ward about this prank and he loved it. So I brought a sticker to church Sunday and gave it to him. He went up to Elder Quist and "pulled it off of him" and asked him what it was. Oh man, he mind was blown as to how I got it on his suit coat, he went through like 4 meetings, and nobody noticed or told him about it. He asked me so many times how I got that sticker on him. It was quite the party. This prank is so great because really it doesn't harm him in anyway shape or form, you can't see a single one at first glance, there is honestly nothing that makes it a bad thing except for his OCD drives him to find every single sticker!

The Cox family went to Sand Diego on vacation and they absolutely love me and Elder Ojala. So, they got us some souvenirs! They're just hats and t-shirts, so that was nice. I've out grown almost all of my shirts. I came out at a medium but how I'm a large. As a result, I just wear a ton of t shirts that are WAY too small for me. Haha! But this shirt is a large, so I now have at least one shirt that fits me!
We took a couple super awesome pictures of us wearing our shirts and hats, I'll have to send them.

On Sunday I about had a heart attack. After church it was about 115 out, so I put my iPad on top of our car, but my suit coat in the back seat, got in the car, and drove home. I got out of the car and remembered my iPad had been sitting on top of the car. We turned around, back tracked the route, couldn't find it, so we did it again.
Still no luck. On the third try we got a phone call from a guy that said he had found it. We figured it was a member, so we went to his house to pick it up. He told us he had quite the time trying to find a phone number but that he had found it in the iPad. The screen was obviously cracked, but the guy was super nice. The craziest thing of all though is that he isn't a member of the Church! He was such a cool guy! I really appreciated that he picked it up. Oh, by the way mom and dad, I need like $75 to have it repaired. The screen was cracked so badly that there were holes through pieces of the screen.

I also got some super exciting news this week. With Francine being baptized, she would like for Elder Karlinsey to baptize her and for me to confirm her. They got permission for her to be confirmed at the baptism so that we can make that happen, so I'm super excited about that! Francine is seriously so excited to be baptized and I can't wait to be able to see her again. Saturday is the day! We don't know for sure who will be driving us to that, but it'll either be President and Sister Jenkins, or it will be Brother Egnew, my first ward mission leader. Either way I'm really excited to be able to confirm her! It's going to be a great week!

Have a great week everyone! I've been enjoying my mission and have been learning a lot. Elder Ojala and I are also staying together this transfer, so that's exciting. However, Elder Quist is getting a companion who I can almost guarantee will not get along with him.
Hopefully it humbles them both a little bit though. I love you all!

Love,

Elder Mullins

Elder Ojala and me










No comments:

Post a Comment