Saturday, July 30, 2016

My Stomach is an Endless Pit



Dear family and friends,

This week went by pretty slowly. We didn't have  many lessons, so that was super lame, but it seems the great drought is about to end! Over the last six weeks or so it seems like the few people we have been teaching have either dropped us or have moved away. Our teaching pool literally got down to about three people and only one of them we meet with very regularly. BUT! This week we got two member present lessons and not this week but the next, we will be getting three new investigators!

Not much happened all week. We went around knocking on less actives doors and handed them invitations to the Preston Ward party.  Some people told us never to knock on their doors again and others accepted the invitation and are excited to come to the party. It was good overall. We only got two door slams! And one angry person. They probably were just having bad days. When the angry one answered he said in a really peeved voice, "Guys, don't knock on my door. We're really busy, I don't believe in the Mormon church anymore, and if I want to come to church I will." *SLAM* Pretty awesome... Haha! After 23 months of that you get pretty numb to it though.

Yesterday we showed up to church and the entire Fortner family was there! Their kids went to Texas to see their dad for six weeks, so to see them back was great! We went and talked to them and they invited us over to teach their son Matthew that evening. When we went by we taught him about the restoration. Matthew  has some mental handicaps that make it difficult for him to retain information, so we'll be teaching him everything all over again. That's okay though! After the lesson he talked to us about Minecraft for a solid ten minutes! Haha! It was awesome. His stepdad kept rolling his eyes at him for talking about it. I'm sure that's pretty much all that comes out of that kid's mouth is stuff about Minecraft. Haha! He's fun!

I've also been having this weird problem where I wake up, workout, eat breakfast, get part way through studies, have a second breakfast, have lunch part way through the day, about two or three hours later have another lunch, go to dinner where I absolutely gorge myself because I'm not paying for the food and I can, and then two or three hours later I'm starving again! So when we get home I make another meal. I seriously have been eating like six full on meals every day. I haven't had this problem since I was 16 or so. I'm just always hungry. So look out mom, I'll be eating our entire pantry and fridge empty on a weekly basis. Haha! Seriously though, we ate with a Tongan family a few nights ago where I ate a 16 oz steak, it was the biggest one I have ever had put in front of me. It took up the entire plate.  And on top of that I ate probably a cup and a half of shrimp, a couple cups of rice, two chicken wings, and some asparagus. I was starving two hours later and probably could have eaten another full meal. The next night we went to Golden Corral where of course I stuffed myself clear full. I had probably five plates totally loaded up. By the end of the night I was hungry again. And then last night we ate with a big family so they had TONS of food. I ate like four big pieces of lasagna, tons of watermelon, salad, and a few breadsticks. Then by 7:30 I was hungry again. Fortunately we went over to the Cox's who said if we want to enjoy some left overs later in the evening we could come over. Well, of course we went over and I had another plate full of roast and funeral potatoes. Hopefully this appetite goes away fairly quick, because I don't know that I can afford as much food as I'm eating. Anyway, that's about all that happened this week.

Have a great week everyone! I love and miss you all! See you in a little over a month!

Love,

Elder Mullins

No comments:

Post a Comment