Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Well that's embarrassing...



Dear family and friends,

This week was a great last week! We did all sorts of stuff and had a few laughs along the way. It looks like my time in the Skyline stake has ended. I'll be going to what I believe is the newly formed Red Mountain stake, but we'll see what it really is when I get there and I can ask my new companion a few questions. My new companions name by the way is Elder Ojala. It's pronounced Oh-yah-lah. I think... I couldn't understand him over the phone very well. He mutters a bit... Anyway! I think I'm going to enjoy it. I don't know anything about my area, but my roommate tells me it's one of the richest areas in the entire mission, so that's exciting. I'll probably get super fat in the next 4 months. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen, but we'll see. I'll just have to work out like crazy to keep it off. I've already gained 30 pounds on my mission. Don't talk to me about it though, it's kind of a weighty matter for me that I don't need to deal with right now. 

Elder Edwards and I had a fantastic last week together. We taught a few lessons, but most of them cancelled or rescheduled on us this week, so that was pretty lame. On Saturday we get free French toast from Kneaders. If you've ever had that French toast, you know that it's literally the best thing you could possibly do with bread. Like seriously, it is the best! Kneader's makes this cinnamon swirl bread that is super good and full of sugar and fat. Well, they take this delectable concoction and turn it into inch thick French toast. And then they serve it with strawberries, cream, and homemade buttermilk syrup. I don't think I've had such an incredible thing touch my lips. If you ask my roommates, I ate it so fast it appeared as though it didn't touch my lips, but I can assure you it did... Hard... Anyway! That was a really good breakfast! While we were there a random member came up to us and handed us a $20, so that was pretty neat. That morning we decided to be freegans for the day. It's like vegan, except your diet only consists of free stuff. So we went to Costco and had samples for lunch! It was pretty good. While we were there we ran into some family friends, the Beals. It was pretty cool! They took some pictures with us and sent them to my mom. Of course of all days they ran into us and took a picture, I was wearing one of my ugliest ties... Haha! But it's okay! It was good to see them. They handed us $20 as well, so we had $40 by the end of the day. Later we were handed $10 more by a member. We decided if we got transferred we would have a final meal together as a companionship at the Cheesecake Factory or if we stayed we would spend it on our groceries Monday. Well, we got transfer news and I'm leaving! So I got to have Cheesecake Factory yesterday. It was seriously so good! I love that place so much!

On Sunday night something happened that was absolutely hilarious. Elder Renel, our French roommate, isn't known for having the most logic in the entire world. We're sitting there talking about transfer news because Elder Renel's best friend, Elder Conner, in the mission is replacing him. Elder Conner is super skinny, but was obsessed with getting super big. He started taking protein, working out like crazy, and he started to get some results. He put on about 15 pounds. Anyway, it's all gone now because he stopped working out. We have a bench press in our apartment though and I don't know why, but for some reason in the middle of this conversation he grabbed the bar with two 25 pound plates on it. He's talking and I'm like, "Careful! There aren't any stops on there." He looked at one side and saw it was about to fall off so he tilted the bar to get it back on all the way. When he did that the other plate fell off and hit the floor. When that happened he was ill prepared and all of a sudden the bar was 25 pounds lighter on one side and so it tilted the other way and the other plate fell off. I think I've talked about how bad our neighbors hate us too right?  Fortunately, they didn't pound on the ceiling like crazy this time, but we were very careful not to make a sound the rest of the night. We were dying!  Elder Renel just looked up and was like, "Well, that's embarrassing."

Yesterday we had a district lunch since half of us are getting transferred. We went and got pizza at a really good place here called Barro's. It was good and we were having a good time. I was in two conversations at once though and I was showing Hermana Hershey a funny picture on my iPad. She took my iPad to look at it and I got into the other conversation. I looked back after a little bit and she was scrolling on my iPad through my photos. Before I could tell her to stop I saw her eyes go wide. Oh man... So, I've been working out quite a bit recently and I take pictures from month to month so I can see the progress I'm making. Well it just so happens I take the pictures on the 24th of each month and this happened on the 25th, so it was right at the bottom of my library. I had three pictures all lined up and when she saw them she went bright red and handed me my iPad. Elder Edwards knew what was on there so he starts dying. The Hermanas are confused as to why I have shirtless pictures on my iPad. The rest of the Elders in the district were all dying when they found out what happened. Oh man, that was a pretty embarrassing/funny experience. Haha! At least I'm looking good though... Hahaha!

Not much else happened this week. I said bye to a bunch of people yesterday, so that was good. I'm looking forward to being with Elder Ojala. He's only been out a few months I think.  I'm greenie breaking him. It'll be a good experience. He's only my 2nd companion who is younger than me in the mission and I think he's probably my first companion that I'm older than age wise. Well, have a great week! I love you all!

Love,

Elder Mullins 



No comments:

Post a Comment