Tuesday, April 12, 2016

We lost our keys...



Dear family and friends,

This week was pretty good! On Tuesday I went on exchanges with Elder Fa'amuli. He's a really great guy and has a huge heart. He's pretty dramatic sometimes, but that's alright. For lunch he offered to take me out to lunch to Chipotle because he just got a bunch of money. It was pretty good. I love that restaurant. We also taught our recent convert Ronda. We talked about the commandments and the importance of living them.

Wednesday was the one-year anniversary of Elder Sweeten cracking his head open at Flat Iron. That was pretty awesome. Elder Renel got his driver’s license on Wednesday as well. Because he isn't allowed to have anyone in the car during his test we needed to tag along so that his companion, Elder Shirley, would have a companion while he was testing.  The DMV is an interesting place. We were there for about four hours.  Watching the people there is hilarious. So many people are so different from each other.   I was sitting next to a man.  He pointed across the room at two of us and whispered to his wife that we seemed to be the only ones in there enjoying themselves. It was pretty fun though. We definitely entertained ourselves quite a bit.  Afterward we were able to go to Costa Vida! It's outside the mission, so we aren't allowed to go there. However, so is the DMV which is right next to Costa Vida.  I had a pretty dang good burro there.

Thursday I went with Elder Shirley on exchanges. We knocked on a bunch of potential investigators doors but we didn't have much success.  After we had dinner we got a really funny phone call from Elders Renel and Campbell. They locked their keys in the car. It was pretty funny.  We tried breaking in, but it's new enough that it's pretty difficult to break in. We finally decided to call Elder Christensen, the vehicle coordinator senior missionary. He came and met us with a spare key, so that was good.

Friday we had another experience with locking our keys in somewhere else. We used the family history center’s computers inside the Stake Center. When we left we closed the door and realized that we left the keys behind. We turned to doorknob to get back in but it was locked. I tried using a credit card to get in, metal coat hangers, butter knives, anything I could try. We couldn’t get in, so we forgot about it. There's someone in our district that has the key to it, so that's good. We'll probably get it tomorrow.

You'll never believe what happened on Sunday! We went to a meeting at 6:30.  I opened the trunk to get my suit coat out of it.  I set the keys in the trunk while I put on the suit and then Elder Edwards closed the trunk. Now, you would think you could just pop the trunk.  Our lever for that is broken.  Why not just put the back seats down?  The release for those is only accessible through the trunk.  So, we had to call Elder Christensen again and get him to help us with our trunk. We are just absolute pros at locking our keys in places.  It's a pain.  Not much else happened.  Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Mullins


DMV selfies


Service selfie (we helped someone put a floor in)





I took a selfie in the rain




My frustration of not being able to get back in.  (That is a glare on the camera, not a bald spot.  I promise!)




I don't know that I've ever eaten rabbit before

No comments:

Post a Comment